Welcome to our summary of December best reads on HR trends!
This month, hot topics included employee recognition, mental health benefits, and workplace flexibility—all elements that can help attract and retain talent.
HR Trends for December 2021
Recognizing employees’ contributions is an essential part of a strong employee experience…
- Validating your employees’ efforts can be accomplished in many ways.
- In fact, this expert recommends that employers prioritize employees’ mental health as a way to express appreciation for their work.
- Even small businesses may need to recognize their employees through praise and meaningful gifts if they wish to retain them.
- Establishing a process and reward system for employees’ work can go a long way to improving employee engagement and retention.
…as is acknowledging employees’ mental health, and offering benefits to assist them.
- Companies are realizing that mental health benefits are not only a retention tool, they also increase productivity, with every $1 invested resulting in a $4 return.
- Financial stress impacts mental health, so help around financial wellness is important, too.
- Hootsuite included financial wellness in its host of benefits around mental health, such as paying for mental health care, offering collective time off, and half-day Fridays.
- Managers can help by learning how to discuss mental health with their employees.
Workplace flexibility can help in that area by offering better work-life balance.
- Parents make up an essential part of the workforce, but they’re also quitting over exhaustion and childcare needs. More flexibility, not just around where they work—but also when—could help.
- Millennials agree that flexibility is important, and the answer could be treating employees as individuals with distinct needs.
- As employees demand flexibility at work, technology that makes it possible will be increasingly important.
Want to stay in-the-know? For more monthly summaries, weekly articles on HR trends, invitations to webinars, and more, subscribe below!In every stage of the employee lifecycle, INTOO helps employers protect their brand through effective candidate experience, career development, and outplacement services. Contact us to learn how we can make a difference for you and your employees.
Robyn Kern is a seasoned business writer who has written in the HR, education, technology, and nonprofit spaces. She writes about topics including outplacement, layoffs, career development, internal mobility, candidate experience, succession planning, talent acquisition, and more, with the goal of surfacing workforce trends and educating the HR community on these key topics. Her work has been featured on hrforhr.org and trainingindustry.com.