Welcome to our summary of June best reads on HR trends!
This month, unconscious bias in recruiting, extending parental leave, and attracting Gen Z talent were hot topics in the HR industry.
HR Trends for June 2022
When refining your recruiting strategy to eliminate bias, are you considering the interview process?
- Wondering what interview questions could unintentionally reveal information that could lead to bias? Read this.
- Implementing standardized assessments and simulations can help to equalize the interview process.
- Of course, interviewing diverse talent without an intention to hire them is not only unethical, it may also be in violation of federal laws.
As companies employ efforts to win women back, some look to extending parental leave to ease work-life balance.
- One solution to overwhelmed new moms? Extending paternity leave so they have more help, and encouraging dads to take it.
- Extending leave could greatly benefit BIPOC employees, as women of color are more likely to be the primary or sole earner and provider of childcare in their households.
- While taking paternity leave can help dads become equitable caregivers to their children, they may not take it unless it’s fully paid.
If you’re struggling to hire or retain Gen Z, it could be you’re out of touch with what they want.
- The job market is primed for Gen Z, as employers seek young workers who have recent experience in the newest skills as well as a willingness to learn.
- But because this generation has the least at risk (with fewer familial and home ownership responsibilities), they can be pickier about where they work.
- While employers have been throwing perks at Gen Z, they’d be better off giving them what they really want: pay transparency, a great work culture, and flexibility.
Want to stay in-the-know? For more monthly summaries, weekly articles on HR trends, invitations to webinars, and more, subscribe below!
In every stage of the employee lifecycle, INTOO helps employers protect their brand through effective candidate experience, career development, and outplacement services. Contact us to learn how we can make a difference for you and your employees.