Welcome to our summary of January best reads on HR trends!
This month, hot topics included the importance of communication in hybrid and remote work environments, issues facing women in the workplace, and creating a parent-friendly workplace.
HR Trends for January 2022
Communication has changed—and become more vital—as we’ve moved to hybrid and remote work environments.
- Old communication strategies used in the office have to be replaced with new ones for a new environment, like these.
- Rethinking onboarding for remote employees should involve strategies to help them build relationships, both virtually and in person.
- Remote and hybrid environments can have their advantages, as they can make employees and leaders more open to impromptu meetings and conversations, but there still needs to be a balance.
- Strong communication skills are even more important to recruiters now, according to career experts.
While diversity initiatives move forward, some women are hurting professionally as a result of decreased visibility and burnout.
- Remote work—favored by many women—could be penalizing them professionally. Here’s how employers can help.
- Increasing the number of women in the C-suite has been a goal of many organizations. Here’s how one initiative in the United Kingdom is helping.
- As more women than men are experiencing burnout, an increased number of women at the top leading by example could help, as women support colleagues more than men do.
- Prioritizing mental health will help women to reduce work stress, burnout, and anxiety, but they need help from their employers.
Parents have struggled throughout the pandemic, and some employers have come up with creative solutions.
- As more and more parents resign due to burnout and lack of childcare, companies have had to step up their benefits that deliver for this population.
- Some companies are setting up onsite childcare centers or are subsidizing or offering discounts for off-site daycare, and one even offers virtual summer camp for its employees’ children.
- Other employers are instituting small policy changes to make it easier for parents to negotiate family-work balance.
Want to stay in-the-know? For more monthly summaries, weekly articles on HR trends, invitations to webinars, and more, subscribe below!
In every stage of the employee lifecycle, INTOO helps employers protect their brand through effective candidate experience, career development, and outplacement services. Contact us to learn how we can make a difference for you and your employees.