Welcome to our summary of March best reads on HR trends!
This month, trending topics in the HR industry included the Silicon Valley Bank failure and the importance of a strong coaching culture.
HR Trends for March 2023
The SVB failure should cause employers from all industries to examine their risk management practices.
- Risk management is a pillar of successful banking, yet the company was without a risk management officer for several months.
- Company culture isn’t everything: This SVB employee says it was great there, but management failed its workers.
- The failure offers important lessons for HR.
- For one, HR can protect payroll by working closely with finance.
Having a positive coaching culture can build a more resilient workforce.
- Management training can help leaders become better coaches to their employees.
- Employees who feel cared for by their employers feel healthier than those who don’t, with mentoring and coaching being “key drivers.”
- Replacing standard performance reviews with ongoing coaching can be more motivating and offers more timely feedback.
- Even talent acquisition teams are working more closely with L&D to build a more agile workforce.
Want to stay in-the-know? For more monthly summaries, weekly articles on HR trends, invitations to webinars, and more, subscribe here!
INTOO helps employers of all sizes with cost-effective solutions for every stage of the employee lifecycle, including candidate experience, career development, and outplacement services. Contact us to learn how we can make a difference for you and your employees.