Welcome to our summary of November’s best reads on HR trends!
This month, trending topics in the HR industry were all around leadership. From what could be learned from Elon Musk’s mistakes, to how to lead a hybrid team, we have you covered.
HR Trends for November 2022
Chaos at Twitter has helped define desirable and undesirable leadership qualities.
- Brilliant, charismatic leaders were once seen as assets. But now it’s become apparent that the most successful leaders excel at influencing and motivating their teams.
- In fact, valuing employee feedback and empowering workers to develop their own leadership skills can help organizations succeed.
- Learn from the four biggest mistakes Elon Musk has made as a leader at Twitter.
Hybrid work has also highlighted the importance of flexible, progressive leadership.
- Workplaces that value employee autonomy are more successful than those that don’t. Leaders who are rigid about where their employees work may lose.
- This survey found that hybrid employee engagement is highest when employers don’t require a certain number of days onsite.
- Managers may have more success leading in a hybrid environment if they’re provided with more training on the skills that are particularly helpful in such a situation.
Want to stay in-the-know? For more monthly summaries, weekly articles on HR trends, invitations to webinars, and more, subscribe below!