Welcome to our summary of February’s best reads on HR trends!
This month, trending topics in the HR industry included “rage applying,” diversity hiring, and multiple hot issues in the world of employment law.
HR Trends for February 2023
Employees who have had it with their jobs are “rage applying” for new ones.
- What is “rage applying” anyway?
- Why should employers be worried about it?
- What needs to be addressed in the workplace to retain employees?
- And what should employers be asking themselves to create an environment that makes employees want to stay?
Some employers’ DEI efforts fall short after a push for diversity hiring.
- According to many Black employees, employers’ efforts don’t always represent the company’s values.
- Many DEI roles are being eliminated, casting doubt on employers’ commitment to diversity.
- Employers need to take extra steps to empower diverse hires, and these three focuses can help.
- As research shows that diversity improves employers’ financial metrics, it’s worth investigating these hiring strategies.
This has been a busy season for employment law.
- The NLRB has ruled that severance packages must not include non-disparagement or confidentiality clauses.
- Employers may need to review their wage compliance after a Supreme Court ruling clarified what qualifies an employee for overtime pay.
- More issues will likely arise this year, from the use of AI to increased anti-discrimination measures.
Want to stay in-the-know? For more monthly summaries, weekly articles on HR trends, invitations to webinars, and more, subscribe below!
INTOO helps employers of all sizes with cost-effective solutions for every stage of the employee lifecycle, including candidate experience, career development, and outplacement services. Contact us to learn how we can make a difference for you and your employees.