Welcome to our summary of October’s best reads on HR trends!
This month, hot topics in the HR industry included how remote work benefits disabled employees, pay transparency laws, and women in leadership.
HR Trends for October 2022
Remote work has made it easier for disabled individuals to be employed.
- The option to work from home has enabled more people with mobility issues and chronic illnesses to have jobs.
- At the same time, cognitive bias is preventing many employers from recognizing this benefit of remote work.
- And for those who must be in the office, not all reasonable accommodations are being made available.
New York City and California add to the growing list of areas with pay transparency laws, with the implications expanding far beyond.
- Because the laws can apply to remote employees working in those areas, companies without offices there may still be affected. While some organizations may opt to not invite individuals from those locations to apply…
- Most job seekers want pay transparency and more than half won’t respond to a posting that doesn’t state the pay range.
- Plus, 33% won’t bother interviewing if they don’t know the pay and 63% would prefer to apply at a company that’s transparent.
Women leaders are switching jobs at a record rate. What are the reasons, and how can the problem be solved?
- A significant factor contributing to the departures is the microaggressions women experience at work.
- Women tend to experience more maladaptations at work than men do, which are challenging but at times necessary for success.
- While pay transparency laws should advance gender equity, the problem isn’t helped by women’s discomfort with negotiating for raises.
- Having women in HR in leadership positions is important. But how can they get there?
- Here are 15 ways to elevate women in business development.
Want to stay in-the-know? For more monthly summaries, weekly articles on HR trends, invitations to webinars, and more, subscribe below!
INTOO helps employers of all sizes with cost-effective solutions for every stage of the employee lifecycle, including candidate experience, career development, and outplacement services. Contact us to learn how we can make a difference for you and your employees.