Welcome to our summary of September’s best reads on HR trends!
This month, the challenges and importance of DEI initiatives and rising popularity of “work-from-anywhere” policies were hot topics in the HR industry.
HR Trends for September 2022
While it can be challenging to implement DEI initiatives, understanding the reasons behind the difficulties is the first step.
- The first Black woman to lead an NBA team is transforming the Mavericks organization.
- But many of those who are marginalized are burnt out and need allies’ help to make change happen.
- DEI initiatives won’t be effective if a company doesn’t also address equity issues.
- And there’s a big difference between intent and action, which needs to be addressed when it comes to selecting a DEI leader.
First there was work-from-home, and now there’s work-from-anywhere.
- Even while tech layoffs abound, attracting top tech talent is a challenge. Having a “work-from-anywhere” policy helps.
- While being able to work from a dreamy location sounds ideal, finding a good work-life balance in that situation can be tricky.
- Before you allow your employees to work anywhere in the world, you have to understand the tax implications…
- …not to mention IT considerations and creating a culture when your workforce is spread out across the world.
Want to stay in-the-know? For more monthly summaries, weekly articles on HR trends, invitations to webinars, and more, subscribe below!