Welcome to our summary of August’s best reads on HR trends!
This month, hot topics included diversity and bias in the workplace, learning as a benefit, and how companies are responding to labor shortages.
HR Trends for August 2021
Many companies are still working on how to solve their diversity, equity and inclusion issues
- The Activision Blizzard scandal sent shockwaves across the tech and gaming industries, as other companies reportedly have similar issues in their corporate culture.
- Some organizations need to be reminded of this important segment of the population in their DEI initiatives.
- Technology could help create more diversity in hiring.
- But some companies that have diversity don’t also have equity.
- The answer could be making changes at the top.
- And making those changes could have a positive impact on recruiting.
The labor shortage is putting a strain on many organizations, who are looking for solutions
- With the pandemic putting careers into perspective for many, most workers are considering quitting for better pay.
- Some financial institutions are increasing starting pay to attract talent.
- But smaller companies are struggling to compete.
- Could employee agreements be a solution to The Great Resignation?
- Or maybe providing career development benefits that create long-term opportunities for employees is a better strategy?
One solution could be providing learning opportunities as a benefit
- Companies are discovering that virtual learning programs could be key to attracting and retaining talent.
- Target and Walmart are offering to cover college tuition costs for many of its workers as part of their recruiting and talent management strategies.
- And like DEI initiatives, L&D offerings can contribute to winning over Gen Z.
Want to stay in-the-know? For more monthly summaries, weekly articles on HR trends, invitations to webinars, and more, subscribe below!In every stage of the employee lifecycle, INTOO helps employers protect their brand through effective candidate experience, career mobility, and outplacement services. Contact us to learn how we can make a difference for you and your employees.JTNDaWZyYW1lJTIwc3JjJTNEJTIyaHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZyZXNvdXJjZXMuaW50b28uY29tJTJGaHVic0Zyb250JTJGZW1iZWRfY3RhJTJGMzU0Mjg5JTIyJTIwc2Nyb2xsJTNEJTIybm9uZSUyMiUyMGJvcmRlciUzRCUyMjAlMjIlMjBmcmFtZWJvcmRlciUzRCUyMjAlMjIlMjB3aWR0aCUzRCUyMjI1MCUyMiUyMGhlaWdodCUzRCUyMjMzMCUyMiUzRSUzQyUyRmlmcmFtZSUzRQ==
Robyn Kern is a seasoned business writer who has written in the HR, education, technology, and nonprofit spaces. She writes about topics including outplacement, layoffs, career development, internal mobility, candidate experience, succession planning, talent acquisition, and more, with the goal of surfacing workforce trends and educating the HR community on these key topics. Her work has been featured on hrforhr.org and trainingindustry.com.