Welcome to our summary of November best reads on HR trends!
This month, hot topics included vaccine mandates and hiring, retaining talent through wage increases, and tips to improve employee experience.
HR Trends for November 2021
The vaccine mandate can be either a deterrent or incentive to prospective employees
- A growing number of employers are indicating their vaccine requirements in their job listings.
- And a majority of respondents to one survey report that they’d favorably view a company with such requirements, even while employers struggle with how to enforce the mandates.
- After all, nearly 30% of unvaccinated workers would consider lying about their vaccination status.
Employers are raising wages to keep workers
- As the mandates add yet another challenge to retain a dwindling workforce, more than half of employers are offering higher salaries as a remedy.
- In addition to providing employees with a debt-free education program, Macy’s is increasing its minimum wage to $15 an hour.
- For one senior living community, raising its minimum wage was seen as a necessary step to ensure its residents’ consistency of care while acknowledging its workforce’s hard work.
But salary increases alone in many cases won’t be enough to retain employees for the long term. Which is why employee experience is a hot topic.
- Microsoft shares its top ten lessons from the changes it underwent during the pandemic that can help any organization improve its employee experience.
- Listening to your workforce and communicating transparently positively impact employee experience.
- Such actions, including these five tips, are worth making when they result in a resilient workforce.
Want to stay in-the-know? For more monthly summaries, weekly articles on HR trends, invitations to webinars, and more, subscribe below!