Welcome to our summary of September best reads on HR trends!
This month, hot topics included vaccine mandates, corporate culture, the Great Resignation, and burnout.
HR Trends for September 2021
HR professionals and employers are navigating vaccine mandates
- Those in HR are grappling with the federal COVID-19 vaccine mandates at a time when many employees are quitting. Here are some tips from those in the field.
- While mandates seem to have increased vaccination rates, employers are still reporting some resistance to the rules.
- What companies have implemented mandates? Here’s a list.
What defines a positive corporate culture in 2021?
- Adapting corporate culture to employees’ and candidates’ shifting priorities is vital to hiring and retention.
- At the same time, hiring to fit that culture might be counterproductive and may reduce diversity.
- It’s important that everyone is on the same page: Employees perceive their corporate culture differently than execs and HR. And this could be a contributing factor to…
The Great Resignation, and what can thwart it
- As this article notes, pay and other employment elements that are essential to the employee experience are more important than corporate culture for retaining and attracting talent.
- Specifically, factors such as opportunities for growth and meaningful work can prevent attrition.
- If you’re not paying attention to those factors, your employees may be experiencing one of the biggest contributors to the Great Resignation, which is…
Burnout—a problem that’s not going away
- Remote work has led to employees experiencing unrealistic expectations from their employers. As a result, they’re overworked and feeling burned out. This op-ed provides suggestions on how employers can remediate the problem.
- According to the latest Women in the Workplace report from McKinsey & Company, more women are experiencing burnout than men, while a greater number from both genders are feeling the pain than were last year.
- That number includes members of the HR community, who have found this past year to be one of the most stressful. This article has some tips to help conquer burnout.
Want to stay in-the-know? For more monthly summaries, weekly articles on HR trends, invitations to webinars, and more, subscribe below!